Monday 30 January 2012

A Welcome From The MD


Wow, i've been talking about starting a 'Conductors Blog' for so long that I can't believe it might actually happen!

So just a short hello from me to anybody reading. I'm Clare. A secondary music teacher, musician, conductor, arranger, cider-loving, Manea inhabiting, self-confessed brass band nut. This blog will document some of the excitement, musical mayhem and good-humour generated at Manea Silver Band! This is me :-)


So, it's Monday - BAND DAY!
Today we will be running a few new pieces so lots of sight-reading. Pieces include music from Harry Potter and the Philosphers Stone, Viva La Vida by Coldplay and the epic theme music from the new Alice In Wonderland soundtrack. MSB will also be attempting a first run through of Emerald Skies, a cornet solo composed by Paul Lovatt-Cooper which I hope the band will love as much as I do.

Thats all for now, I have included a link below to the new Alice In Wonderland piece which I hope you will all find epic!

Be Good, Learn Lots.
The Boss xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce0dZbPOepE

No comments:

Post a Comment