Wednesday 13 February 2013

What Goes Around Comes Around.....

Well, thank you Robert for the introduction.  As I'm blogging this at work and about to dash off to another dull meeting, I'll make this a quick one (you'll be glad to hear!).

A very short summary of my banding history (it's all in the title of this post really).....was a starter member of the re-formed Manea Silver Band wayyyy back in 1982 (baritone, then euphonium).  Had a couple or three years conducting the band between David Wilson and Peter Cain (around the very early 1990s).  At the same time, I started playing for Littleport Brass Band (whom I still play euphonium for).  And, as of Monday 11 February 2013, am now proud to be the MD of Manea Silver Band.  I'm a Manea lad through and through; and, despite living in various places around Cambridgeshire over the years, have always considered Manea as home.

Anyways, that 9am meeting is looming; so, look forward (?!?) to a slightly more 'bandy' blog post later.  And if you're really lucky, I may even add in some appropriate pics  And remember, practise little and often...makes a world of difference :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment